32 x 16 Heavy Duty Case
- More Info
- Reviews (1)
Length: Choose the exact length of your pedalboard, measured from left to right in inches. The case will be made to fit a pedalboard of this length.
Width: Choose the exact width of your pedalboard, measured from front to back in inches. The case will be made to fit a pedalboard of this width.
Height: Choose the height of your tallest pedal or device. The tip of the tallest point that will be mounted on your pedalboard including the height of a 2nd level riser or tier.
Custom Sizes: The online order form above has provisions for selecting a custom size to suit your needs. Both the length and width of your custom size must be less than or equal to the original base size listed at the top of this page. You may need to select a smaller or larger base size to order the custom size you need. If you need further customization, please contact us.
No compartment: This option keeps your case as slim and light as possible. These streamlined cases will have surface mounted handles. We use recessed handles by default whenever they will fit on every case however recessed handle will not physically fit with this option. If you are flying with this, you can still get recessed latches. Recessed latches are what’s important when used for air transport.
Accessory Compartment: This option is used in two ways: 1. As an accessory compartment below the pedal board to store other gear… and/or… 2. Also used for the footing/rise area on the bottom of an “angled” Stompin-Ground pedalboard. The bottom of your pedal board will act as the lid for this compartment. Both the length and width of your compartment will be 2″ smaller than your pedal board. You may select any interior depth for your accessory compartment. The exterior height of the case will increase by the amount of your compartment depth. Cases with accessory compartment depths of 1.5″ or greater will be able to fit the recessed handles. Cases slimmer than that will have surface mounted handles as recessed handles will not physically fit. We use recessed handles by default wherever they will fit.
Tilt wheels: Around town or around the world, going places will never be easier if you add some wheels. Think of your back! Rugged 3″ Tilt-Wheels are engineered into the case structure. Pushing or pulling your case glides you through the airport or alley with ease. You’ll be glad you added this great feature. Tilt-wheels will add about 3″ to the overall length of a standard case without the accessory compartment option and about 2″ overall to a case with the accessory compartment. The overall height is also raised about 1″ by the wheels and bumpers. A standard handle will be installed opposite the wheels. If you have the accessory compartment option, the standard handle will be installed lower on that deeper case design for ease while using the tilt-wheels. If your pedalboard is less than 32″, you’ll need to have an Extension Handle below. Get rolling with a set of wheels on your case… and save your back in the process.
Extension handle: If needed, the chrome-plated steel Extension Handle pulls out and locks into place for easy transporting and slides back inside the case when not in use. Cases for pedal boards less than 32″ will need the extension handle with the tilt wheels. The extension handle is optional for pedalboards 32″ to 35″ but you typically do not need it for moving it relatively short distances when the standard handle will do the job nicely. You might consider it if you walk long distances with that pedal board length and want to assure some extra leg clearance. We do not recommend it for any cases with pedal boards over 35″ as those cases are long enough to use a regular handle nicely. Keep in mind, the extension handle, if needed or desired, will increase the case an additional 1″ in height due to the space required for the extension handle area.
Get rollin’ with wheels on your case… and save your back in the process!
Recessed: Recessed twist latches (top)
Locking Recessed: Recessed key-lock latches features barrel type keys (bottom). We can install either 1 or 2 locking recessed twist type latches. Smaller cases, especially for pedalboards less than 24″ long, may get by with only one lockable latch. If your pedalboard is greater than 30″ or if you want maximum security, we recommend a 2 lock pair. Some longer cases have 3 recessed latches as standard. When ordering only 1 lock on these cases, we would install the single locking latch near the center handle.
Heavy duty cases are available in standard black or gray and other custom colors of red, orange (not pictured), yellow, blue, green and textured aluminum. Most of the pictures show the gray color. As your case gets used and abused over time, gray does a nice job of concealing the cosmetic wear and tear of the road. Black is a popular stage color and we offer those other colors to give you more unique choices.
Strength by Design
Heavy Duty Flight cases are made from an ultra tough ABS and plywood laminate and an aluminum framework. These heavy duty ATA style cases are especially suited for common carrier transit under more severe conditions and provide the maximum protection. These premium cases are at the top of their class.
- .040″ ABS laminated to US fir plywood panel body.
- Dust proof, extruded aluminum double interlocking tongue and groove valance
- Extruded aluminum double angle edge frame
- Stamped, nickel-plated steel corner protection
- Spring-loaded handles
- Recessed twist latches
- Continuous piano type hinge
- Two nickel-plated steel collapsible lid stays
- Shock absorbing foam interior. The thick and deeply convoluted foam in the lids of the cases provide room for devices up to 4″ tall.
- Exterior, Approximate size: L x W are 3-1/2″ greater than pedalboard. 6-1/2″ height.
- Optional Accessory Compartment.
- Optional Key lock Recessed Latches
- Optional Tilt-Wheels and Extension Handle
- Colors: Gray, Black, Blue, Green, Red, Orange, Yellow and Textured Aluminum.
How much will my pedalboard system weigh?
All itemized net weights listed here are in approximate US pounds and are for reference to help calculate your total weight. You will need to add the weight of all remaining items you will transport.
• Size is your pedalboard size in inches.
• Pedal board is the weight of our single level low profile model without any effect. Just an empty pedalboard for your reference.
• Cases are listed without any options. Case weights are listed with two numbers to compare a DuraLight case versus a Heavy Duty case, “DL : HD”.
• Add 5″ height is listed to show approximately how much the weight increases when 5″ of height or depth is added to the case such as when ordering an accessory compartment option or extra overhead height options. The added height is also listed with two numbers to compare the added weight for DuraLight case and Heavy Duty case options, “DL : HD”.
Tilt-Wheels add about 3.5 lbs.
Tilt-Wheels with the extension handle add about 6 to 8 lbs depending if it’s a smaller or larger case size.
Recessed latch upgrade on Dura-light cases add about 1 lb.
|Size: L” x W”||Pedal Board||Cases – DL : HD||Add 5″ Height|
|16 x 8||2||11 : 16||2 : 4|
|16 x 12||2||12 : 18||2 : 5|
|16 x 16||3||14 : 21||3 : 6|
|20 x 16||4||15 : 23||4 : 7|
|24 x 8||2||13 : 21||3 : 5|
|24 x 12||3||15 : 23||4 : 6|
|24 x 16||4||16 : 25||4 : 6|
|24 x 20||5||18 : 27||5 : 7|
|24 x 24||6||20 : 31||6 : 8|
|32 x 8||4||15 : 23||4 : 6|
|32 x 12||5||17 : 26||5 : 7|
|32 x 16||6||18 : 27||6 : 7|
|32 x 20||7||20 : 31||6 : 8|
|32 x 24||8||22 : 34||6 : 9|
|40 x 8||5||19 : 28||5 : 8|
|40 x 12||6||20 : 31||6 : 8|
|40 x 16||7||22 : 33||6 : 9|
|40 x 20||8||23 : 36||6 : 9|
|40 x 24||9||24 : 40||7 : 10|
|48 x 8||6||21 : 31||6 : 8|
|48 x 12||8||23 : 34||6 : 9|
|48 x 16||9||24 : 38||7 : 10|
|48 x 20||11||26 : 44||8 : 10|
|48 x 24||12||27 : 51||8 : 11|
1 Reviews for 32 x 16 Heavy Duty Case
- Excellent Case! - Monday, May 8, 2017 Anonymous - Verified PurchaseI just received the custom case today. I wanted to personally thank you for making such a great case for me. My pedal board fits perfectly, and this will certainly help keep it safe during travel. I appreciate all your help!